Orange Trees

Orange Tree Roots

I have a neighbor, who lives next door. He has an "Orange Tree" that is planted right up against our 2 car garage. This Orange Tree is approx. 15 feet tall. It sits in a red brick small area, approx. 2 feet wide, by 10 feet long, and about 16 inche's high. This Orange Tree is approx. 22 years old, and he keeps it trimmed in height at approx. 15 feet high. I have current "cement damage" in my garage foundation, which is approx. 10 inches away from this Orange Tree. This cement damage is spreading across my garage, backyard cement foundation, and it seems to continue spreading across my entire cement foundation. The interesting thing is the most severe damage to the cement foundation, appears nearest this Orange Tree. Is it possible that this Orange Tree has caused my cement foundation damage? The neighbor who owns this Orange Tree says "No." Can you help in answering this question because this cement foundation problem only seems to be getting worse, and now the cement cracks to my foundation seem to be getting much wider. Can you help?

Planting an Orange Tree to close to a structure can result in damage to the property and the results may be the early removal of a tree before it's time.

I can't make a determination as to what is damaging the property. A professional Arborist could help you with this.

00
Here are more questions about Orange Trees