Barberry Shrubs

Orange Rocket Barberry

Bear191 added on May 12, 2018 | Answered

My Orange Rockets aren't snapping back after a colder than normal winter (with snow) for my area, Prairieville, LA. Only one out of seven looks good. Two others are slowing gaining color, but the other four are looking bad. They do have what appears to be some tiny leaves starting, but mostly look like dried twigs. They are small plants about 4 to 8 inches tall that were planted in the fall of 2017. They were taller when first planted, but I cut them back a little to encourage new growth. Any suggestions to bring them back around would be appreciated. Thanks!

Generally, this can be attributed to a colder winter. If there is growth starting, then it will likely return with some time. You can recondition the soil with some dolomitic lime, and wettable sulfur. This will ensure that the soil is at the proper pH, and free of infection.

00
Here are more questions about Barberry Shrubs