Onions

Onions

della jackson added on February 4, 2018 | Answered

I've planted onions the last couple of years, I use onion plants.they seem to start out slow,and then when they seem to be looking good, all of a sudden the leaves curl and fall over,and I can't get much of a harvest.I used to grow onions the size of soft balls know I'm lucky if there good ball sized.Any idea what is going on?

I could see two very possible options here. If the area remains well fertilized on schedule, then that can be eliminated.

The other option is a fungal infection. Although uncommon with onions... It can still happen. So it would really help to use wettable sulfur around the area if this is the case. Even if not, it will still help recondition your soil, especially if you use dolomitic lime with it.

Here is an article for growing onions: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/onion/find-how-to-grow-onions-in-your-garden.htm

00
Here are more questions about Onions