Wisteria Vines

Old Compost Bags ; Replanting Mature Wisteria.

Marvo38 added on October 19, 2017 | Answered

1. Moving house & clearing out - have found old bags of earth - J.Innes; a mulch; seed compost. etc. Do these go off with time (10 years or more) - or just get better like maturing wine? 2. I am hoping to move and replant a much-loved, v.happy, 27 yr.old wisteria. I hope to dig up as much root as I can, with from 1 foot to c.4 feet of trunk. This can go in a big bag of damp earth and await new home in a few weeks. All comment and advice gratefully appreciated. Martin.

As long as the soil hasn't gotten an infection, then it will be alright. Wet the soil down and smell it. An earthy smell and some musk is normal. Mold or bacteria will make themselves very noticeable as a smell.

Here is an article for more information on transplanting wisteria: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/wisteria/transplant-wisteria-vines.htm

00
Here are more questions about Wisteria Vines