Christmas Cactus Plants

Old Christmas Cactus

I have a very old Christmas cactus that has never been pruned. Oddly, it has no segments and the fronds are somewhat triangular in shape. It also has some that are round, about half inch in diameter. Is this a different type of Christmas cactus? How do I trim it when it has no segments?

Actually, I don not think that you have a Christmas cactus, but rather one of its close relatives, who are amusingly grouped together as holiday cactus as the different kinds are named after the holidays that occur around when they bloom. Would it be possible for you to send a picture so that we can properly identify it? If not, could you let us know when it blooms for you, as this may help us identify what kind it is.

00
Here are more questions about Christmas Cactus Plants