Okra Plants

Okra Plant

poojilakshman added on January 16, 2018 | Answered

Hi, My plant has given out so many buds but it’s not flowering. It’s been very long and they look like in the picture for long. It’s giving new buds but not blooming. I’m growing this from seed and after that has only given some 3 okras. Should I be feeding this regularly. As of now I put compost once in 2 weeks and nothing else. I don’t like giving chemical fertilizers. I also sometimes spray Epsom salt water. Let me know if I need to do anything more. Thanks, Poojitha

Okra do not like to be fed very often. As native plants of Africa, they prefer poor soil, and little nutrients. They also like to be a little dry in between waterings.

I noticed that there have been some leaves cut off. This can affect the flowering as well. Let the plant grow naturally for the best results. It still looks young. I would give it time. The first flowers won't open sometimes and this is ok.

Here is an article for care of okra: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/okra/planting-okra.htm

00
Here are more questions about Okra Plants