Okra Plants

Okra

Will okra seeds that I bought last year germinate if I plant them this year?

Answered on November 30, -0001

If they've been properly stored, I don't see why not. You can test the viability of seeds in one of two ways: Slightly dampen a paper towel and place the sample seeds on it. Fold the barely damp paper towel it in half over the seeds. Enclose in plastic wrap or place inside a sealed plastic bag so it will stay damp. Label the package with seed name and date. Set the package in a relatively warm place (70 to 75 degrees) such as the top of your refrigerator or on a high shelf. Do not put it in direct sun. OR you can simply float them in water. If they sink, they're still good and if they float, toss them. This article should help as well: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/seeds/planting-old-seeds.htm

00
Here are more questions about Okra Plants