Oak Trees

Oak Fungus on Ground

ellie13232 added on August 25, 2017 | Answered

I removed a valley oak tree some years ago. Last year I started seeing tan fungal mounds where the tree's stump and service roots were. I assumed from decomposing oak roots. I removed the fungus by digging it up, but didn't know what I could use to treat it as I have small dogs in that area. The fungus is back. It is hard to the touch and difficult to dig out. The mounds are about 10 inches across and 5 inches tall. Please advise at to what dog safe actions I can take. Sincerely Ellie

Apply a fungicide to the top and sides of the tree stump to prevent future mushroom infestation. Look for fungicides that contain the active ingredient triadimefon, borate salt or chlorothalonil for best results. Before applying the fungicide, read the package instructions carefully.

00
Here are more questions about Oak Trees