Vegetable Container Gardening

Nutes/Neem Oil

Anonymous added on December 26, 2010 | Answered

I have a variety of vegetables in pots and started them indoors. I have taken on some bugs in the process. I just watered yesterday with nutes and noticed an influx of bugs. Can I water with Neem oil concentrate today? I'm watering about once a week, and not sure if I can wait for the bug population to grow until the next watering. I have a few gnats buzzing, and in some pots I have very small white bugs that come to play when I blow on the soil. A friend said these were not spider mites but was unsure of what they are. Any tips, help or advice is well appreciated.

Adding the neem oil is fine anytime and should not interfere with the fertilizers. Be sure to spray the neem on the leaves as this is most effective.

It sounds like you have whiteflies. The neem should take care of them, but here is some more info on them, just in case you wanted to know more:

Here are more questions about Vegetable Container Gardening