Dianthus Flowers

Novice Gardener

sylvieellis@hotmail.co.uk added on September 14, 2014 | Answered

I have sown some baby doll dianthus seeds indoors at the wrong time of year. They are sprouting. Is there anything I can do to save them or should I start again at the right time? Thanks.

As long as you've got them sprouting, you might as well go ahead and see what they will do. You could plant them outside, they might get some flowering in before it gets too cold; you could plant them in a large container that you can move inside if it is going to get too cold; you could pot them into some containers and keep them in the house in a sunny location. Try whatever you want - there are no plant police to give you a ticket. This article has some general info on dianthus: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/dianthus/growing-dianthus-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Dianthus Flowers