Pepper Plant

No Fruit

Every year I have great pepper plants with good tops and foliage. However, there is no fruit until late fall, and most of it never gets to full growth before frost takes it out. It is early Sept. here in RI and my plants are just starting to show small fruit. They were started in mid March in my greenhouse and transplanted mid May when they were 12 to 15 inches tall. Plants include green bell, yellow frying and some hot cherry. Soil is semi loose with pH average of 6. 0, lots of sun and I use 6 inches of lawn grass as a covering.

It sounds like you have too much nitrogen in the soil. This creates lots of leaves and few blossoms or fruit. Add phosphorus to the soil to help re-balance it. Bone meal is a good source of phosphorus.

00
Here are more questions about Pepper Plant