No Blooms on My Rose Bush

ala1dk@yahoo.com added on April 15, 2016 | Answered

I feed my rose bush Miracle Grow and it appears healthy but not getting any blooms. It has gotten 1 bloom so far this year. What am I doing wrong?

It may not be anything you are doing wrong. However it could be the repeated use of Miracle Gro that is causing the problem. While it is a good water soluble fertilizer, I have seen cases where it caused the rosebushes to produce lots of great looking foliage but slim to none on blooms. I would recommend using an organic based granular rose food for a couple feedings, such as Gro Rich Rose and Perennial Food if you can get it where you are. And feed the rosebushes some Kelp Meal twice a growing season. Here is a link to an article I wrote on this subject for you as well: >> https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/no-blooms-on-roses.htm

00