Plant Recommendations

Nitrogen Fixing Plants

I'm planting vegetables in raised beds and intend on growing them organically. I'd like to know the name of some garden flowers, like lupines, which are nitrogen fixing and which will be in flower or seasonal, if planted now. My beds are 3. 5 feet by 10 feet and while I am planting vegetables, I'd like to intersperse them with both deep root and medium nitrogen-fixing ornamentals. If you have the names of some, I'd love to try this and see whether it may be successful.

doccat5

There are ornamental peanuts that fix nitrogen (Arachis glabrata). You might be better to use good quality organic fertilizer to add any additional nitrogen you need, it will also give you the balance of phosphate and potash. Too much nitrogen gives you plenty of green growth and not much fruit production.

doccat5

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations