Tomato Plants

My Tomato Plants Look Like Trees

I need help! My friend gave me some tomato seedlings. They have grown so big they look like trees! What do I do to make them give fruit? There are only four flowers on the whole thing. We have had a rainy flood filled June. They get plenty of sunlight and I haven't given any nitrogen. Is there a way to salvage? Do I thin them? If so, how do I go about doing that? Thanks!

There are several things that can cause this, with fertilizing issues being fairly common. Sounds like there may be too much nitrogen in the soil (even if you haven't given any) and not enough phosphorus, which plants need for flowering and fruiting. The addition of phosphorus rich fertilizer or bone meal will help with this.

If you are seeing blooms with no fruiting, here is an article that may help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/tomato-blossoms-no-tomatoes.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants