Weigela Shrubs

Leaves on One of My Weigela Bushes Is Turning Prematurely Red

Fletcher added on June 22, 2013 | Answered

What could be happening to one of my Weigela bushes. I have two bushes that are about three years old. This year was their best year for blooming, but now one of the bushes seems to be stressed. The leaves are turning and it isn't adding new growth. They are close enough to one another that the conditions should be the same. We have had a good bit of rain but they are on the side of a hill so drainage should not be a problem. Thanks, Fletcher

Fletcher, it sounds as if one of the plants is "pitching a fit"! As you state, close proximity, adequate rain and drainage... All things considered, they should both be doing will. Maybe this article can help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/weigela/growing-weigela.htm

Here are more questions about Weigela Shrubs