Japanese Maple Trees

My Small Japanese Maple Tree Only Produced 3/4 of Leaves

firecracker.1 added on May 4, 2015 | Answered

I'm just wondering why my Japanese maple tree is only producing about 3/4 of its leaves. The branches are not dead and seem to have tiny buds on them but have not sprouted leaves. Could this of been because of a cold winter and will be ok next year? Or will they sprout later? We've had it about 4 years now and never had a problem. It's been a beautiful tree...about 4 ft high. I know it's early in the season but shouldn't they all be coming out now? Please help!!

Yes, I do believe your tree may just be struggling to wake from the incredibly cold winter. Below normal temperatures were suffered by nearly the entire United States.
A good sign is budding and the tree looks quite healthy. Make sure the tree is receiving adequate water.

Here are more questions about Japanese Maple Trees