My Roses Have Stopped Blooming and New Growth Is Lacy

janierudack added on June 1, 2011 | Answered

I have a rose bed by my house with all bush roses (Belinda's Dream). The roses have been in this spot for 4 years and they have bloomed from spring to late fall each year. I have other plants in the bed as well - amaryllis, gerbera daisies, iris, and carnations. The roses are not crowded because I control the other plants. The new growth on the bushes is lacy and small. And buds on those bushes are white -- they should be a beautiful pink color. Please tell me what is happening and what I should do. I am just sick!

It could be that the rosebushes were grafted roses and the top or desired part has died. Then the rootstock takes over and the blooms and foliage are completely different because it is a different and less desirable rosebush. Also I have had neighborhood dogs relieve themselves on my roses causing mutated foliage and yellowing to white buds that just fall off. You may also have something called Witches Broom (rose rosette disease) going on with them. This is a virus and unfortunately there is no real cure. Here is a link to an article about diseases and some information about rose rosette disease:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/rose-bush-diseases.htm . I sincerely hope it is not rose rosette....

00