Peach Trees

My Peach Tree Didn’t Bloom

mbradley6 added on April 25, 2014 | Answered

My peach tree has been great for the past 5 years that we lived here. This year it didn't bloom. Last year was very heavy year of produce. This year not a single bloom. Very cold winter (below 0 for almost a week and more than normal snow fall). I thought with all the snow it would be a great year. Any advice why it didn't bloom?

There are several things that may have happened.

One is that it has been a cold and long winter. The flower buds may have all been killed off by a late cold snap.

Second, sometimes fruit trees do skip years, especially, as you describe, they had a really heavy year the year before. It is thought that the tree may be recuperating and fails to produce blossoms while it is recuperating.

Third, there may be an imbalance in your soil. I would recommend having your soil tested. This article will have more information on that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/testing-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees