Monstera Plants

Monstera Deliciosa

I have a Monstera deliciosa that I keep outdoors in summer and indoors in winter. After bringing it in this year, it has recently decided to flower. I have much knowledge in how to grow, but not much in its blooming and fruiting. I am willing to pamper my plant in order to get the fruit to maturity, but I am needing to know what to do. I don't even know if the flower needs to be pollinated. Am I just going to lose the unfertilized bloom?

Congratulations! Getting one of these plants to bloom in a partial indoor environment is an accomplishment.

When the flowers from these plants do come to maturity, the fruit is actually much like a cross between bananas and pineapples (though it is poisonous to eat before it is ripe).

Unfortunately, it can take up to a year for the fruit to ripen and in order to do do, they need to be exposed to temperatures and conditions that far greater than the normal household can provide.

They need conditions that mimic conditions like growing zones of 10 or higher. High heat, high humidity and lots of bright, indirect light.

You may find this article helpful:
http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/living/home-garden/garden-detective/article60030286.html

00
Here are more questions about Monstera Plants