Lemon Trees

My Lemon Tree

Kathrynkneff added on January 17, 2015 | Answered

My tree produced fruit as we moved into our new home.. I trimmed the tree, and I fed it this last autumn. I don't know but it's about 7 yrs old or older. I have been keeping up with it but maybe also cause we live in Las Vegas. It's too hot. But I water it as it tells me to, and summer a little more. But do I also need to trim the tree down? Since it's getting taller and tons more little growth and new branches. Or should I just leave it alone and be happy for the air - it helps me and my family breathe.

It’s a lemon tree with thorns and the lemons are really seedy. It has a cherry blossom tree on the other side of the brick wall, and it tried to also take over it and I have cut as many of the cherry's branches. It helped it this last year too. It got more sun and room to grow up. But still no lemons this year.

Do you fertilize your lawn? If you do, that is likely the culprit. Lawn fertilizers have high nitrogen which inhibits fruit on plants.

This article has some other possibilities you can look at:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/lemon-tree-not-fruiting.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees