Kentucky Bluegrass

Fungus in Grass

pgmelot added on July 17, 2011 | Answered

My lawn is less than 30 days old and has fungus. Can it be saved? We bought 1200 sq. ft. of (they say) Kentucky bluegrass, but we checked their web site and they boast 90% Triple Dwarf fescue and 10% Kentucky bluegrass. Nowhere do they say 100% Kentucky bluegrass. So anyways, we got sod and followed their instructions to a tee, and 15% of it is dead and spots are dying every day all over lawn. What kind of fungus is it, and what treatment do I use? I looked at some descriptions and we do not have rings. They are in all shapes and sizes from 3-4 sq. ft. to as small as my hand. The grass starts to slowly dry out and in a week it's dead. I've been watching this all month. Watering doesn't help, and I feel the lawn will be dead next month. Could it be grass or where I laid my sod? Is the fungus in my soil, and how can I fix the soil?

Susan75023

Here is a link to fungus i.d. and treatment. The type varies by location and conditions in environment. You also can dig up a small piece of it and take to a nurseryman since others in area are no doubt having a similar problem. In Dallas, at least, if one person has fungus, many do.
https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/landscap/pp950w.htm

00
Susan75023

00
Here are more questions about Kentucky Bluegrass