Oak Trees

My Lawn Is Horrible

mplegler added on March 13, 2015 | Answered

My lawn is horrible. I have lots of oak trees and the lawn always is very sparse. What to do? I have tried everything. This time of year there are leftover wintered leaves all over, and when I rake them up, the grass is so sparse that I end up seeding every year and the seed doesn't take that well. What can I do to improve the soil? The oaks let in some sun because they are so tall.

Below is an article that will give you some ideas on how to grow grass on your lawn. It discusses seeding your lawn with shade-tolerant grasses and provides methods of increasing the amount of both water and light. I hope this helps!

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/tips-for-growing-grass-under-a-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Oak Trees