Houseplant Problems

Indoor Plant

northwoodsmomof2 added on November 27, 2016 | Answered

I have an indoor plant that I have had for 12 years. I have to move it temporarily outside because of the holiday season. The plant is so tall I cannot put it anywhere else in the house. (It lives in my living room which is an open A-frame ceiling.) I put in in the garage and covered it/wrapped it with a sheet. My garage is not insulated and I live in northern Wisconsin. So far the season has been average, but it does get cold at night; however, it will be sheltered from the wind. Will my plant be ok during the 1 month it will be outside, or should I bring it in? This plant was given to me when my son was born and I don't want anything to happen to it. Please, any info would be great!

The answer depends on what type of plant it is. If it is a tropical plant, it probably won't do well in the garage. Would it be possible to send a photo?

The change in environment, both the colder temperatures and the lack of light, will probably cause the plant to lose many of its leaves. If the plant is from temperate climates, it will probably survive this and recover when you bring it inside.

00
Here are more questions about Houseplant Problems