Impatiens Plants
Q.

My impatiens are dying

Zone 5a | cameron9 added on August 1, 2012 | Answered

I planted several flats of impatiens, which have done for 10+ years. They were doing great. . .then started looking sickly and dying off. Only the stems are left. I went back to the greenhouse I purchased from, they weren't of much help. First, I was told root system was fine, and I didn't water enough, then I was told I watered too much. I live in Syracuse, NY and we have had a hot summer, but it has been hot in prior years and my flowers were fine. Leaves start to turn light green, then the flowers start to thin out, then just the stems are left.

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

This article will help with pinpointing the likely cause of the plants' demise: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/impatiens/impatiens-problems.htm

Just in case you cannot save them, you may want to take some cuttings (provided you still have some healthy foliage). They propagate easily and this way you can continue to enjoy them. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/impatiens/impatiens-rooting.htm

00

JenJM

sounds like some sort of insect infestation like spider mites did you try spraying them? (I don't really like using insecticides, but sometimes you have to take drastic measures) JenJM

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Impatiens Plants
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More