Chocolate Vines

Chocolate Vine Foliage Has Dark Rust Color on Leaves

saletagrace added on June 3, 2015 | Answered

My chocolate vine foliage has dark rust color on leaves. New leaves are green. Is this normal? I bought two chocolate vines two months ago from a nursery online. When I received them, one looked okay and the other one looked bad. I planted them together in a planter with potting soil and perlite. I made sure the drainage was good and it gets full sun and partial sun. I water it every other day or every day. Both of them started growing really well. But I noticed that the older leaves have dark rust color on the leaves. The new growth doesn't. I don't see any vining and it's not growing rapidly as I thought. I check my flowers every day and now I'm worried that it stopped growing. Please help me. I don't want this plant to die. Thank you for any advice and tips you can give me.

You mention watering everyday, water only when the top inch or 2 of soil is dry. The pot appears large for the size of plant you have, so the roots are most likely waterlogged.

You may want to repot into a smaller container. I do think the plant will improve and then if need be you could go up to a larger size.

Here is a link to the proper growing conditions of Chocolate Vine.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/chocolate-vine/chocolate-vine-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Chocolate Vines