Bottle Brush Trees

Bottle Brush Leaves Dried Up

Joya1415 added on January 28, 2017 | Answered

My bottle brush leaves all of a sudden just dried up. Could this be from the 45 mph wind gust we just had? Is my tree dead or will it come back in the spring?

Most likely, the tree is just having some trouble now and will come back in the spring. You will be able to tell when leaves begin to grow in the spring whether you need to remove any branches.

If the dried-up leaves are only on certain branches, and those branches don't put out leaves again in the spring, it could be a disease that is infecting certain limbs. Removing these limbs is the best option. I don't think high winds would cause the death of particular branches unless the wind actually broke those branches. Here's how to check whether branches are dead (or the entire tree):
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/tree-scratch-test.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bottle Brush Trees