Black Eyed Susans

My Black Eyed Susans. Are Really Tall, No Blooms Yet…if I Trim Them Back a Few Inches Will They Come in Thicker Once Then Start

christine mindur added on July 11, 2017 | Answered

They are very tall, but have not yet bloomed. If I cut them back a few inches would they come in thicker with more blooms? Mine have always looks so tall and leggy with small blooms? Thank you, I appreciate any help...Christine

heather

If you cut them now, they will come back thicker and will likely bloom again later in the summer, but you will lose their first flush of flowers.

You may want to wait until after they bloom to cut them back. They will still grow back thicker and you will likely enjoy a second flush of flowers later in the year as well. A little patience will get you two bloom periods in the same season.

00
Here are more questions about Black Eyed Susans