Barberry Shrubs

Barberry Bush Not Doing Well

Valenta33 added on April 29, 2015 | Answered

My barberry bush isn't doing well. Any fertilizer I could use? It seems to have moss growing on it.

You mention that it seems to have moss on it but given the distance the photo was taken from the tree I am having difficulty seeing it. You may send a close-up photo if you wish. What you see could possibly be moss or lichen. More information on moss & lichen can be found here:

Your barberry does look a little tall and scraggly. Barberry bushes do respond well to rejuvenation pruning so that it something you may want to consider. More information on rejuvenation pruning can be found here:

As for fertilizer, you can apply an all-purpose, slow-acting granular fertilizer.

For more information on the care of barberry bushes, please visit the following link:

Here are more questions about Barberry Shrubs