Tangerine Trees

My 7 Year Old Non-Producing Tangerine Tree

andywhah added on November 4, 2017 | Answered

I'm in Venice Florida have a tangerine tree that was given to me, but never produced fruit. It\'s now over seven years old,10 feet tall (3"dia knee ht),and healthy. Is there anything I can do to make it produce?

First, it is important to know whether this tree was grown from seed, or grafted. If it is grown from seed, then it will not likely be a tangerine anymore. Some citrus farmers will pollinate with wild citrus, which will show in next years seed crop. If it is grafted, then it should be just like the tree it came from.

If it has wild citrus genetics, then it is possible that it will never bear fruit. On the other side of things... If it is going to fruit, then it can be anywhere from 3 years and up towards 10 years before you even see a flower.

If you can include all information you can come with about the origin of this tree, then I can help you with much more accuracy.

If it is, in fact, a true tangerine then this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/tangerine/tangerine-tree-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tangerine Trees