Encore Azalea Plants

10 Year Encore Azaleas Are Completely Bare

MammaD46 added on February 23, 2015 | Answered

My 10 year Encore Azaleas are completely bare. First time ever. Also, first year I have used a Lawn and Shrub service to fertilize my shrubs. They also sprayed insecticide on them.  Service began in May and now I discovered my Encores, which have been gorgeous, are now sticks. I have never had any issue before and my azaleas have been beautiful and occupy a large area around the back side of my house. It will be costly to replace, especially since they have 10 years of growth.

kh0001

I'm sorry your Azaleas are suffering! If the only thing that's changed is the service you used to fertilize them, it would seem that's the culprit, but this article also gives you a couple of things to check to see if you have a pest problem, a type of leaf fungus or root rot: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/azalea/no-leaves-on-azalea.htm

00
Here are more questions about Encore Azalea Plants