Knockout Rose Bushes

Drift Knockout Roses Have Crown Gall

reppelkrisi added on May 20, 2015 | Answered

My 1 year old drift knockout roses have crown gall. I removed them but I still have Azaleas and Indian Harthorn in the garden. Should I remove them? How should I treat my soil and what type of plant can I put in this garden now? Do I really need to wait years to replant?

So very sorry to hear that..... I have had success with replanting rosebushes in such areas after letting the soils sit over winter and plant the following spring but only by removing the soils. I remove the soils in a two to three foot diameter circle around where the rosebushes with the gall were planted. Let the hole sit open for a couple days. If those days are hot sunny days, all the better! Then refill the hole with a good bagged garden soil and water it in lightly. Let sit over the winter and replant. Here is a link to an article on the crown gall subject for you too:

Here are more questions about Knockout Rose Bushes