What's your question? Ask

Hyacinth Plant

Q.Mushrooms vs Dogs

Anonymous added on June 15, 2011 | Answered

Are the mushrooms growing in my yard a danger to my dogs? I have two small dogs and while I’ve not seen them eating them, if they did, would it be harmful? Also, will the mushrooms harm their paws and/or cause any irritation to them?

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on June 15, 2011

Yes, certain wild mushrooms are toxic to dogs. Do not let your dog eat any wild mushroom, as there is no treatment for the most lethal. If your dog has eaten mushrooms, collect a sample and take it and your dog to the vet. Symptoms of mushroom poisoning can range from mild vomiting and diarrhea to severe digestive problems to complete liver failure.

Here is an article for ridding the lawn of mushrooms: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/eliminate-mushrooms-in-your-lawn.htm

Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Hyacinth Plant
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert