Mushrooms Toxic to Pets?

I have mushrooms growing in my sunny backyard. I'm sure it's due to occasional dog waste from my two Boxers (who will eat just about anything). I pull the mushrooms as soon as I see them, but should one of the dogs eat one, will it hurt him or what can I do to counteract it? Thank you!

These can in fact be toxic; however, most dogs do not try to eat them, though they can sometimes become ill by just licking a poisonous mushroom. Children, on the other hand, should be warned to stay away from them and by no means ingest them. Symptoms of mushroom poisoning can range from mild vomiting and diarrhea to severe digestive problems to complete liver failure. The best thing to do would be to eliminate them altogether before this becomes an issue. The following article should be of some help toyou:

Here are more questions about Mushrooms