Mushrooms

Mushrooms in Front Lawn

I have a lot of mushrooms growing in my front lawn where we used to have a very large tree and it was rooted out (but I still find dead roots now and again). I also can't get grass to grow there and the cats keep thinking it's kitty litter. ANY SUGGESTIONS before I plant grass and re-soil on top of it?

It sounds as though the pH of the soil is off, most likely because of deep roots from the tree that are decaying and this is making the soil acidic. We would recommend having your soil tested by the local extension service. It may be that a fertilizer treatment would be all that is needed to both get rid of the mushrooms and get the grass growing again. This article will explain about bringing the acid level down of the soil: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/lower-acid-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mushrooms