Tomato Plants

Mulching Vegetable Garden

I'm a beginner. Never thought I would get so into it. Love it. Read that I should be mulching. Are there other vegetables besides tomatoes I should be mulching? I have been growing lettuce, peas, green beans, peppers and cucumbers. I also see that I can use recycled newspaper as a mulch but what should I put on top of the newspapers? Should I buy organic compost? Lawn clippings? Finally, is it too late to mulch - I live near NY City. Thanks!!

All vegetables will benefit from the addition of mulch in the garden. Good options for mulch in the veggie garden include shredded bark or straw. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/info/whats-the-best-mulch-for-my-garden.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants