Mulberry Trees

Mulberry Tree Pruning

I have a mulberry tree in my garden and am not sure how to prune it. I have had a go as I don't want it to grow too big, so trimed back the longest branches to the size I want to keep it to. The tree is about two years old so it's trunk is not very big and the branches, there are 8 of them, but it has grown over the last year. There are a lot of smaller twigs at the leaf joints that I am not sure if I should remove. I don't remember any being there when it was planted so I hope you can help.

I found this discussion on growing mulberry as a shrub or weeping tree. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/1512692/how-do-you-grow-mulberries-as-a-tree-or-pruned-as-a-shrub
You are fighting mulberry's natural growth so it will likely need pruning twice a year. Pruning technic is crucial to avoid witches' brooms and water-sprouts.

00
Here are more questions about Mulberry Trees