Mulberry Trees

Mulberry

KathyTaylor59 added on July 16, 2017 | Answered

I moved into my current house in march and found we have a mulberry tree It had not been pruned in years and had a lot of dead branches so I gave it a prune as it was suggested on many gardening sites My question is why is it now sprouting leaves and fruit abundantly in July? Does this mean it won't fruit well and produce no fruit in summer? It had a few berries left when we moved in and they were red not dark berries Thanks Kathy

Pruning stimulates new growth. If you pruned heavily, it may have triggered a desperate attempt to reproduce. It shouldn't affect next year's bloom. Summer blooming shrubs/trees produce their fruits next spring. Spring-blooming shrubs produce their fruit buds in late summer, early fall.

00
Here are more questions about Mulberry Trees