Raised Garden Beds

Moving Snowball Bush

joe drinhouser added on February 26, 2017 | Answered

I have no clue what I am doing in a garden. I just built 2-tier raised flower beds in my lawn with octagon shapes on the ends and middle. I would like to move my wife's snowball bush approximately 6 inches. Can it be done, and how? I could really use some help.

Yes, it can be done. The best time to move the snowball bush is in early fall or in early spring, before it's begun producing leaves. Water the plant about 12-24 hours before transplanting, and try to choose a day that's not too hot or sunny for the move. After you dig it up, plant the shrub in its new location as soon as possible. Follow the advice in this article to prevent damage to the roots as much as possible:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Raised Garden Beds