Q.Moving Rose of Sharon Bushes
In front of my house I have 6 Rose of Sharon bushes (approx 4 years old) and 1 Rose of Sharon tree (2 years old). I have to relocate them because of some foundation/drain tile work that is being done to our house. I already dug up the ROS tree and it is currently in a large nursery tree container (I had no choice. It was going to meet its maker by the backhoe). I live in SE Wisconsin and it is the 3rd week of September. I know November is the target month to move them, and I can probably delay this move for another week or possibly 2. Can I do this successfully? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
I'd say it's possible to do this successfully. The reason to delay is to wait for the leaves to drop, but a transplant should still be successful if done earlier. If possible, choose a cool day on the humid side to transplant them. Water well the day before or the morning of the move.
Here is some more advice: