mould on apricots
I have mould on my just ripened apricots (just covering the apricot or part of it - no whiskery bits). Grey. Is this dangerous to eat? I would be very thankful to get your answer. Mary.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Apricots are a soft fruit, which means mold can easily spread through the entire fruit, so it's not a good idea to eat it. The rule of thumb is that with hard, dense fruits and vegetables (like carrots) you can cut off the moldy part plus an inch or so, and the rest is okay to eat, but with any soft fruit or vegetable, you should throw the moldy ones out.