Q.Moss or mold on orange and mandarin trees
The orange tree was planted about 3 years ago and has moss or mold growing on trunk. The mandarin tree about 30 years ago has moss or mold on trunk and branches. Is the moss/mold dangerous to trees and how and when do I get rid of it? Thanks.
There's a big difference between moss and mold. Moss can and does grow on most trees, and is harmless. Mold is usually a sign of some disease or damage on the tree. It sounds like you could use the help of a professional to see if you have a problem, and what to do about it. You can contact a registered arborist in your area, or you can call the nearest botanical garden who will either advise you, or connect you with the local master gardener program.