Liriope Plants

Monkey Grass

I have just pulled choke weed out of my monkey grass. What type of weed preventor can I safely put down to keep these weeds away?

Your best bet would be to hand pull as much as you can and then add mulch to keep weed growth to a minimum. However, you could also try sprinkling corn meal in the area, which has a chemical in it that acts as a pre-emergent on plant seeds preventing them from germinating. Sprinkling corn meal will not harm plants but will keep weeds from growing. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/organic/cornmeal-in-the-garden.htm

Another option (though not one I enjoy recommending) is the use of conventional weed killers. Most weed killers will dissipate after a certain period and that period will be noted on the packaging. Ortho Grass-B-Gon will kill weeds but won't harm your monkey grass.

00
Here are more questions about Liriope Plants