Ming Aralia Plants

Ming Aralia

s.ogle added on January 27, 2018 | Answered

My Ming Aralia is probably 20yrs old and 6ft tall. From time to time some of the leaves drop but I'm having more leaf loss than normal. It is generally kept in indirect light near a window but I always need to move it for several weeks to accommodate my Xmas tree. My house is generally 58-62 degrees in the winter. I use Miracle Grow every few months. Any suggestions to eliminate more leaves from dropping?

How often do you repot the plant? This sounds like it could be getting rootbound. You may try repotting carefully with fresh soil. This can help your situation.

Here is an article for more information on the plant: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/aralia-plants/polyscias-fruticosa-ming-aralia.htm

Here are more questions about Ming Aralia Plants