Meyer Lemon Trees

Meyer Lemon Tree Black Fruit Buds

dlynn.working added on April 1, 2018 | Answered

My 3-yr old Meyer Lemon tree produced prolific blossoms in (Feb) while kept indoors from the uncommonly cold SC spring. But all the tiny fruit buds have now turned black and I\'m seeing few new blossoms. What could be my problem and is there a way to remedy? (The tree has been producing wonderful fruit for the past year and a half.)

This will need as much light as you can possibly give it. Not having enough light will keep it from fruiting properly. If you do not have a reliable light source during the winter, then you might want to consider about 200 watts of horticultural lighting to supplement. Also, I recommend keeping dolomitic lime and iron sulfate handy. You will want to use this 2 to 4 times per year. This will prevent many problems before they start.

Also, just make sure to water only when the soil is almost completely dry. This will prevent soil infections, and keep the plant at its happiest.

00
Here are more questions about Meyer Lemon Trees