Blueberry Bushes

Mexican Blueberry Leaves Dying added on May 4, 2015 | Answered

My Mexican blueberry is in a large container and has some fruit but the leaves are dropping and turning brown. The pH is 6 and it gets 5 hrs of sun. What else can I do?

How have you been watering it and is it in well-draining soil? Over or under-watering could cause the leaf drop/browning you are seeing. I would strive to keep the soil lightly moist (not damp/soggy or dry).

Another reason could be rust which, in extreme cases, can cause leaves to brown and drop. More information can be found here: Cornell University PDF on blueberry rust:

The proper pH for blueberry plants is actually between 4 and 5. Here is an article on blueberry soil pH that will be useful:

For more information on the care of blueberry bushes, please visit the following link:

Here are more questions about Blueberry Bushes