Bird Of Paradise Plants

Mexican Bird of Paradise

I purchased a Mexican bird of paradise and a red bird of paradise and planted them approximately 6 months ago. They were doing well, bloomed, but now the leaves on both are yellowing from the bottom up. I had been watering every other day (and it rains rarely) but I was told not to water more than once a week. I also fertilized them with an all purpose slow release fertilizer. Is over watering the problem, or could it be not enough watering? Also, will the ones that are yellowing come back, or should I cut the stems of them off? Thank you for your help!

There are several reasons why a plant gets yellow leaves. Typically it is a water or fertilizer issue. Make sure that it is getting the right amount of water and is fertilized (especially with iron) is a first step. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/plant-leaves-turn-yellow.htm

00
Here are more questions about Bird Of Paradise Plants