Norfolk Island Pine Trees

Mature Norfolk Island Pine Dropping Branches

LoLes added on November 27, 2017 | Answered

I have a mature Norfolk Island Pine which is about 60ft tall and about 50 years old. It has lost 3 branches in 9 months all on the same side. The rest of the tree is healthy. It doesn’t have browning tips, so I don’t think it is a fungus. The property owner next door wants lop the branches at the fence line. Is there something I can do to prevent further limb loss? Thank you

Unfortunately as the tree get older, it will start to shed some of its branches. If the tree is in ground, then there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent this. Making sure it get extra water in the dry periods can help some.

This link will take you to articles on the care of the tree: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/norfolk-pine/

00
Here are more questions about Norfolk Island Pine Trees