Maple Trees

Maple Tree Leaves

Shari1056 added on July 26, 2016 | Answered

I have a variegated maple that the leaves are turning darker and darker... so there's hardly NO contrast between the edges and the center of the leaves anymore. It's not that I'm getting green leaves that should be removed, it's just the contrast is leaving and you can hardly tell it's variegated anymore! I bought this tree about 8 years ago and 3 years ago I moved and relocated it with me. I noticed the signs at the last house a little but it didn't get bad until the last two years. Is there anything I can do to get my variegation back? I paid $120 for it and I never pay that much for anything because I don't have much money so I'm really quite concerned about it. I only bought it as I always wanted one of the variegated maples...CAN YOU HELP ME?

Some variegated Maples do revert back to a solid color over time.
You can sometimes slow the process by pruning out any branches that are reverting back to solid colored leaves as soon as they appear.
There is little that can be done but sit back and watch Mother Nature at work.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/variegated-plant-problems.htm

00
Here are more questions about Maple Trees