Manure Fertilizer

Manure Tea

Tberkowski added on May 26, 2016 | Answered

I was attempting to make compost tea. I added some raw honey (didn't have molasses yet) and water. I then realized the compost I bought was compost and manure mix. It has now sat in a 5 gallon bucket for 2 weeks. It has begun to smell and has bubbles on the top. Is it still ok to dilute and use? Or should I throw it out? I'm not sure if it would have too many bad bacteria in it that might harm my plants?

I would dilute it 50-50 with good clean water and then use it. The smell means it is well brewed. When I make alfalfa tea it begins to smell like the barn yard after 5 days too! With an old stick or branch piece, give it a stir and then mix it with the plain water and serve it up to the plants. I recommend that folks water there roses, plants, shrubs or whatever well the day before the application of ANY insecticide, fungicide, fertilizer or food. A well hydrated plant is far less likely to have any sort of negative reaction than a dry and very thirsty one.

00
Here are more questions about Manure Fertilizer