Mandevilla Plants

Mandevilla Over Wintered Without Cutting Back

Will I kill this year's flowers if I cut back in spring? I brought my mandevilla inside in my zone 6 garden. Its leaves all dropped and it was kept in a 55-60 degree room with minimal watering. I now want to start putting it outside during warm days to acclimate, but I've got tons of bare vines all over. Do I cut it back now or leave it? Next time I guess it should be cut back in the fall.

Mandevillas can be pruned in late winter or early spring before growth begins - you can even prune it to the ground. It will grow back quickly (the same summer) and reward you with the astounding blooms on new vines which will develop from the base of the plants.

For more information on the care of mandevilla, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/mandevilla/mandevilla-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mandevilla Plants